Electrical System Infrared Inspections
CTI Utilizes the Newest, Highest Resolution FLIR Infrared Cameras Manufactured
- FLIR T-620 – 307,200 pixels (640×480 resolution)
- Providing the highest quality infrared and digital imagery within the industry
- Our equipment was special ordered from the factory with custom lenses and is the only one of it’s kind in the Northwest
- Providing unparalleled clarity in both the IR and Digital spectrums
- Abnormal Heating is Associated With Possible and Potential Failures
- Most Electrical Equipment Heats Up Before it Fails
- Infrared Inspections Can Identify Abnormal Conditions Before Such Failures
Heating is produced by the current flow through a contact with higher than normal electrical resistance, or load demand. This type of problem is typically associated with switch contacts and connectors.
The actual point of heating may often begin very small and continue to expand until it becomes a serious problem. An Infrared Inspection will easily identify such thermal problems and provide the information to correct the problems before they become a failure or fire hazard.
The use of infrared Thermography makes economic sense, regardless of the size and operation of your facility. Conducting IR inspections of your electrical systems on a regular basis has consistently shown unprecedented returns on investment as well as satisfying your insurance carrier’s requirements relative to the importance of thermographic testing of electrical equipment as indicated within the following article from The Hanover INS Group (PDF).